Personal Information We Collect
Personal information (also referred to as personally identifiable information) includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated, linked, or linkable with a particular individual.
Personally identifiable information that you might provide on our site includes the following data:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
We directly collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you submit a form for more information
We may also collect information from the following sources:
- Real estate professionals (personal information might have been given to an independent real estate professional whom you have a pre-existing relationship)
- Property records, collected through public databases such as property ownership and tax records
Non-Personal Information We Collect
Non-personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following data:
- Device information (OS type or browser type)
- Public Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Browser device (i.e. laptop or mobile)
- Site usage (saved searches, pages viewed, amount of time on page, exit URLs, etc.)
- Preferred language
- Cookie ID
Anonymous data is collected through tools such as cookies, which are text files that collect standard login and user behavior information. Cookies enable you to stay logged in to your account and receive customized web pages based on your past site behavior.
How We Use Information
The following events are some ways in which we would use your data to optimize user experience:
- Sending relevant information (policy updates, event announcements, etc.)
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Providing more individualized customer service
- Remembering your user preferences (language, content, etc.)
- Conducting site improvements
Business and Third-Party Access
We will not share your information with third parties without your prior consent except in the events outlined below:
- Legal compulsion
- Business transfer (actual or contemplated merger, sale, transfer of assets, acquisition, financing or restructuring of all or part of business, bankruptcy, or similar event)
- Rights protection (responding to claims asserted against us or enforcing or administering our agreements and terms to protect the rights, property, or safety, of us, our agents, clients, or others)
How We Protect Your Information
We have a several protocols in place when it comes to protecting your sensitive information whether you enter, submit, or access it. In the case that your sensitive information is written down, your record is stored in the offices of North Eastern Group Realty and destroyed when no longer needed.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question, but in doing so we always comply with all data protection legislation.
This policy may change at any time and will be updated on this website. We encourage you to check for policy updates regularly, and if you do not agree with this or any revised policy, we ask that you exit the website immediately.