North Eastern Group Realty is proud to welcome Kristi Abel! Kristi comes to us with a personal passion for the real estate market. As an investor herself she has gained invaluable insight in to buying, selling, flipping and renting homes. She knows how to identify value for her clients, navigate the competitive acquisition process, and...
(INDIANAPOLIS, IN) – The number of existing, single-family homes sold last month statewide increased 14.3 percent when compared with September 2012. The median sale price of those 6,342 homes is $123,500 – a 2.9 percent increase from the same month of last year. This is according to the monthly Indiana Real Estate Markets Report today released by the state’s REALTORS®.
Other year-over-year, statewide comparisons from the report show –
• The average sale price of homes increased 3.6 percent to $146,553
• The percent of original list price received increased 1.6 percent to 92.3 percent
• The number of pending home sales increased 9.9 percent to 5,483
• The number of new listings increased 13.1 percent to 9,497
September 2013 was the 27th consecutive month of year-over-year gains in the number of closed home sales, and marked these other consecutive year-over-year gains –
• The median sale price of homes has increased for 22 months
• The average sale price has increased for 21 months
• Sellers received a greater share of their original list price for the 19th month
• The number of pending home sales has increased for 24 months
“Today’s report contains some of the best news we’ve shared,” said Kevin Kirkpatrick, 2013 President of the Indiana Association of REALTORS®. “Fall usually brings a slowdown to housing markets and while September followed that seasonal trend, home sales and prices across Indiana were significantly higher than the same month of the last two years. Statewide, we are well past the recovery stage and appear to be moving toward a stable, balanced marketplace. Whether we fully achieve that status depends on real employment and wage growth, as well as consumer confidence.”
At North Eastern Group Realty, we are prepared to assist our clients with their significant Fort Wayne real estate decisions. Our corporate commitment is to provide real knowledge, proven experience and professional, quality service. To search all Fort Wayne homes for sale or find a Fort Wayne REALTOR®, visit our website at NorthEasternGroup.com.
North Eastern Group Realty is Fort Wayne’s largest independent real estate company located at 10808 La Cabreah Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46845.