Only 3 home sites remain in Mayerling Estates on Illinois Road. Perfectly located slightly west of I-69 on Illinois Road, these sites range from $53,900 for a typical subdivision sized home site to a 1/2 acre site and even an acre lot with its own outbuilding and well for irrigation priced at $104,900. If you...
How your lawn/yard looks is just as important as how your home looks. Here are some important yard tips so you can keep it healthy and looking good. Not only does it raise your property value, but it has other quirks as well.
- Provides a safer landscape for sports and activities than artificial surfaces, offering greater cushion and flexibility.
- Absorbs rainfall six times more effectively than a wheat field, four times better than a hay field.
- Creates oxygen.
- Contributes to community green space, helping not only your home improve, but the homes around you as well.
- Traps pollutants from the atmosphere, cleaning the air.
Here are some tips on keeping your lawn fresh and enjoyable!
By fertilizing your lawn you’re lawn (mainly in the fall) you are setting up your lawn to be health, especially during the cold winter months where nothing grows. Choose the right fertilizer. Nitrogen is the nutrient lawns need most, and most lawn fertilizers contain plenty of it.
This can be done multiple ways,one very popular way is called hydroseeding. Hydroseeding is the fastest, and most cost effective and highest quality method of seeding lawn. Its applied with pressure from the hose or tower onto the soil to create the ideal environment for seed germination and turf development. Grass should start to grow within 7 days, and the new lawn will be well established within 3-4 weeks.
When it comes to mowing most experts say that people mow their lawn and cut the grass way too short. This stresses out the grass, its recommended to raise the mower to its highest level so you’re mowing the top third of the grass. Taller grass promotes better root development.
Water your grass
A healthy way to water your grass is by doing it once a week but to water deeply. Doing it once a week helps the roots grow deeper into the soil, by watering deeply you can also prevent chinch bugs, a pest that tends to attach dried, stressed out lawns. For a newly seeded lawn, water every day for five to ten minutes only.
Getting rid of weeds is a pain. Experts say using herbicides doesn’t do the trick either. The only way to truly get rid of weeds is to grow such a healthy lawn that it chokes out any chance for the harmful weeds and bugs to get in.
By planting shrubs and flowers you’re allowing the outside of your home to look inviting, its pleasing to the eye and it helps your neighborhood look healthier and cleaner. Of course planting things is a choice, it wot hurt to plant a flower bed or two of course. So here are some easy steps to planting shrubs and flower beds!
- Removing pests/weeds, of course if your lawn is already healthy, you wont have a problem with this step. Its not hard to get rid of weeds either, its recommended by experts to use natural herbicide.
- Place the flower beds/shrubs (in their pots) where you want to place them in your yard, its recommended to space the plants out. It looks weird at first but leaving room for the shrubs and flowers to grow is probably the most important step to planting them. You don’t want them to grow out and for it to look mushed together and- wrong.
- Once you’ve decided where you want them to go, dig the holes, just make the holes for the plants extra big while incorporating some of the good soil and compost.
- Lay a soaker hose or a drip-type system down. Make sure that the hose is next to all the plants.
- Cover the entire area with thick layers of newspaper or cardboard. Put the paper underneath the soaker hoses. Steps 4 and 5 can be switched, whichever is easiest.
- The last step is to cover the paper with a 2-3 in. layer of mulch, if you can, try to cover the hoses too, but its not a big deal if you cant, your shrubs will be watered either way.
We hope these tips and how-tos for your yard maintenance helpful! At North Eastern Group Realty we are prepared to assist our clients with their significant Fort Wayne real estate decisions. Our corporate commitment is to provide real knowledge, proven experience and professional, quality service. To search all Fort Wayne homes for sale or find a Fort Wayne realtor, visit our website at NorthEasternGroupRealty.com.
North Eastern Group Realty is Fort Waynes largest independent real estate company located at 10808 La Cabreah Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46845