Looking for a new exterior paint color for your home? Here are some colorful ideas! Of course a neutral home exterior paint color is always a safe and classic choice, however, many home owners are choosing to add a little color to the outside of their home with a more adventurous exterior paint color for...
With May quickly approaching, many Fort Wayne farmers markets are going to be back in business very soon! A trip to the farmers market is a great Saturday morning activity to stock up on fresh, delicious food for the weekend. Fort Wayne has many different farmers markets to choose from, so you should be able to find one near you! Looking for some great recipes for your farmers market finds? A farmers market skillet is the EASIEST recipe you will ever make and it is so healthy and versatile!
So what is a farmers market skillet? It is basically some sort of protein mixed with some fresh vegetables and seasonings and cooked in a skillet. So simple! This farmers market skillet is inspired by this Turkey and Vegetable Skillet from Recipe Runner and this Balsamic Chicken with Asparagus and Tomatoes Skillet from Julia’s Album. The best part of this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables are fresh and in season at your farmers market.
All you need to do is choose a protein (black beans, chicken, ground beef, etc.), find 3-4 different vegetables you enjoy, add some seasonings and that’s it! An easy, fresh, delicious meal with only one pan to clean!
Here is an example skillet recipe from Julia’s Album, but pretty much any of it can be switched up to include whatever you have on hand. Peppers, onions, mushrooms and green beans are just several options that can easily be substituted into this skillet. Also, feel free to top with some fresh herbs or cheese! Yum!
Farmers Market Skillet
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup purchased chopped carrot
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Add half of the dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
- Stir remaining dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the dressing mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato. Makes 4 servings.
At North Eastern Group Realty, we are prepared to assist our clients with their significant Fort Wayne real estate decisions. Our corporate commitment is to provide real knowledge, proven experience and professional, quality service. To search all Fort Wayne homes for sale or find a Fort Wayne REALTOR®, visit our website at NorthEasternGroup.com.
North Eastern Group Realty is Fort Wayne’s largest independent real estate company located at 10808 La Cabreah Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46845.