The weather is finally starting to warm up and hopefully the April showers we’ve endured have paved the way for sunshine, warmth, and May flowers. With the transition into spring and summer, we wanted to highlight a few of our favorite activities to enjoy in and around the Fort Wayne area this season.
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo – Our nationally ranked zoo opened its gates for the season this past weekend and if you’re itching to get out and enjoy the sites and sounds, there is no better time. Spring is the best time to go see the animals as they tend to be more active before the heatwave of summer hits. Visit kidszoo.org to see the Zoo’s calendar of events that will keep you entertained all season long.
- Fort Wayne TinCaps – Our very on Fort Wayne TinCaps are in full gear with their Spring/Summer 2019 schedule. There are no shortage of home games this year, so head on over to the MILB website to check the calendar and purchase tickets for you, your friends, and family.
- Barr Street Market – Did you know Fort Wayne has its very own year-round farmers market? On Saturdays from 9am-1pm, starting May 18th, enjoy produce, plants, and handcrafted goods from over 60 vendors in and around the Fort Wayne area. Looking to hit the Fort Wayne Farmers Market before the 18th? You can shop from 40+ vendors, Saturdays 9am-1pm, at the off-season indoor location at the TinCaps stadium. Learn more about buying local and buying fresh here, at the market website.
- Downtown Biking – Get outside and move with Fort Wayne’s very own bike share rental. With more than 90 miles of parks and trails, and the 25 mile Rivergreenway trail, explore your city in a new way. Heading out with a family in tow? There are also family-friendly trail itineraries stopping at Fort Wayne’s various parks and splash-pads along the way. Head on over to the Visit Fort Wayne website to learn more.
- Fort Wayne Festivals – If you’ve been around Fort Wayne for a summer season or two, you know there is no shortage of festivals to enjoy. A few upcoming festivals to enjoy this month are the Fort Wayne Music Festival (May 9-11) and the Cherry Blossom Festival of Fort Wayne (May 19). You can view the full calendar of festivals and events here.
We hope these ideas help to jump-start your Spring and Summer 2019 entertainment! Get out and enjoy this beautiful city we get to call home.