With Thanksgiving right around the corner, some of us are still scrambling to throw the menu together, let alone have the time to decorate for the holiday. The good news is, you don't have to go all out to give your home a festive touch. Adding a few candles with earthy elements such as acorns...
Trying to decide between carpet and hardwood, or any of the other many types of flooring options, is hard. So, we’ve compiled a list of the pros and cons of having hardwood floors to help make your decision just a tad easier!
1. They look amazing! The number one pro of hardwood floors is that they look amazing and adds style to any home.
2. Easy maintenance: If you get the right type of hardwood floors, they can be pretty much maintenance free other than the occasional wax or re-stain.
3. Durability: Hardwood floors are very durable with the proper treatment so you don’t have to worry about replacing them!
4. Easy clean-up: One major reason people choose hardwoods is so that they do not have to worry about staining carpets or them looking dingy after a few years. They are great for care-free cleaning!
1. Dirt & pet hair visibility: One of the main cons about hardwoods is that if you have a pet, seeing the dirt and hair left behind is very easy. Carpeting or more texture flooring tends to hide dirt and hair better than hardwoods, so you may find yourself cleaning more simply because you notice it faster.
2. Cost: Another con of hardwoods is that they are a somewhat costly option, depending on the type you want, when considering installing them a large section of your home.
3. Scratches: One main concern with hardwood floors is that they are prone to scratches. However, this can be mostly prevented by using area rugs or simply being cautious when moving furniture around.
At North Eastern Group Realty, we are prepared to assist our clients with their significant Fort Wayne real estate decisions. Our corporate commitment is to provide real knowledge, proven experience and professional, quality service. To search all Fort Wayne homes for sale or find a Fort Wayne REALTOR®, visit our website at NorthEasternGroup.com.
North Eastern Group Realty is Fort Wayne’s largest independent real estate company located at 10808 La Cabreah Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46845.