Most people tend to leave the master bedroom for last when redoing their homes, but this is simply not the way to go! They assume since others don't see it very often that it can wait. However, a beautifully decorated bedroom that speaks toward your personality, can make a new house feel like your home....
While most of us know that vintage is the new modern, it’s still hard to know which trends will fade quickly and which will stick around for the long haul. As a homeowner, it can be hard to continually update your home based on the latest fad just to find out the next week that that is no longer “in”. Here are 5 style trends that we continue to see being used and loved but homeowners and potential buyers so you can know which styles to use and which ones to ignore.
1. Natural flooring: One trend we see and continue to love is natural flooring all throughout a home. Using wide-plank floorboards with a natural finish that is not high gloss, is the way to go. We don’t see this trend ending in the near future so it is a safe route to take when looking for a way to update your home. However, be sure to not swing too far in one direction; make sure the stain is not too dark or too light to withstand the test of time.
2. Subway tile: Another trend we love seeing in homes is subway tile in kitchens and bathrooms. Patterned back splashes come in and out of style every couple of years or so, but a classic subway tile will always add a timeless feel to a home.
3. Floating vanities: Floating vanities express the epitome of high class and luxury. We don’t see this changing anytime soon, so investing in sophisticated bathroom makeover is a great way to update your home without having to induce a major overhaul every couple of years.
4. Open concept living area: Separate kitchen, dinning and living areas are a thing of the past. This is a trend that has been coming to fruition over the past decade and we don’t see it going anywhere. Whether you are planning on living in your house forever or considering selling, this is an area that is well worth the investment. Even though the task of knocking down a few walls can sound daunting, it could make or break a buyers decision or make the space more functional for your family.
5. Grand kitchen islands: Any investment made in the kitchen of a home is money well spent. If you have the space to add a large, usable kitchen island, do so. This is a trend that many homeowners and buyers love because it makes the kitchen functional and inviting for hungry observers!
There are some trends that seem to come and go over night. Knowing which ones to invest in can save you, and your wallet, a lot of sweat and tears!
At North Eastern Group Realty, we are prepared to assist our clients with their significant Fort Wayne real estate decisions. Our corporate commitment is to provide real knowledge, proven experience and professional, quality service. To search all Fort Wayne homes for sale or find a Fort Wayne REALTOR®, visit our website at NorthEasternGroup.com.
North Eastern Group Realty is Fort Wayne’s largest independent real estate company located at 10808 La Cabreah Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46845.