Decorating your house for spring can be a fun task. You get to replace all of your dark and dreary colors from winter with bright and lively colors! Changing out all of your decor may not be possible but you can still make your house feel alive again this spring by changing out these few...
Spring has seemed to finally have sprung! For a lot of us, this means it is time to scrub out our homes from the winter blues and air them out with a warm spring breeze. However, sometimes it is hard to know where to even begin our spring cleaning. That is why we have put together a spring cleaning checklist to prepare you for a fresh start!
- Out with the old. Start your cleaning by purging your house of all of your unwanted items. Clearing your home of old blankets, clothes, toys and knickknacks will make your cleaning process easier because you will have less junk getting in your way.
- Begin within. We all love to get started clearing the remnants of last seasons garden out, but we suggest starting from inside your home. Sometimes spring weather can be unpredictable so you don’t want to start planting until you are sure there will be no last minute frosts.
- When working on the inside of our home, start by dusting. Getting all of the nooks and crannies that were overlooked during winter hibernation will make the air feel fresh and clean again. Don’t forget to open the windows and let the breeze in! It helps to get the stale air out and raises your motivation to clean!
- Move your furniture and appliances to get a deep clean underneath. Sometimes food crumbs, dust and other random items start collecting behind and under our larger pieces. Find time to move these big items and get a deep clean under them. Knowing that every inch of your home is clean will give you a great feeling of a fresh start!
- Get your carpets cleaned. Sometimes it is worth it to spend the extra money and get professionals in to clean your carpets. It gives you the feeling that winter and sickness are truly being sucked away!
- Scrub your sofas, chairs and any other upholstered furniture. This extra step will help them to last longer and not look so run down and dingy from the long months curling up on them with blankets.
- Wash your walls. Get off all the finger prints, dog slobber or anything else that might be lurking. We love magic erasers for this purpose! Your walls will look like new!
- Once you are finished with your unusual cleaning list, clean your house as you normally would- sweeping, moping and window washing.
- It’s whats on the outside that matters… when it comes to your house that is! Once all of the inside work is done, it is time to start hosing down your front steps, cleaning off the cobwebs from the windows and making sure your gutters are in tip top shape.
- Weed the garden
- Wash the windows
- Remove yard debris
- Spray down the siding on your home
- Add new mulch
- After all of these steps are done, if you are still looking for more cleaning to do, you can even tackle your garage!
At North Eastern Group Realty, we are prepared to assist our clients with their significant Fort Wayne real estate decisions. Our corporate commitment is to provide real knowledge, proven experience and professional, quality service. To search all Fort Wayne homes for sale or find a Fort Wayne REALTOR®, visit our website at NorthEasternGroup.com.
North Eastern Group Realty is Fort Wayne’s largest independent real estate company located at 10808 La Cabreah Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46845.